First Aid and CPR Training Centre New Delhi
Cooking Up Some Safety
Kids always like to help around the house when they're little. Of course, as they get into their teens the feeling passes. Sometimes their desire to help just slows things down as you try to make sure they don't injure themselves. If each kid has a clear understanding of his or her role, tasks in the kitchen can get done quicker and you may even find yourself appreciating the help.
If you wonder what your child could reasonably be expected to do, follow these guidelines from Safe Kids Worldwide and the National Fire Protection Association.
Children between 3-5 years of age:
Children between 6-8 years:
- Get ingredients out of the refrigerator and cupboards.
- Stir ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour cool liquids into a bowl.
- Rinse foods under cold water.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes in dough.
- Use a butter knife to spread frosting, peanut butter or soft cheese.