First Aid for Chemical Burn in Delhi
A chemical burn is irritation and destruction of human tissue caused by exposure to a chemical, usually by direct contact with the chemical or its fumes. Chemical burns can occur in the home, at work or school, or as a result of accident or assault.
Causes of chemical burn
Strong acids hydrochloric acid damage and kill cells by coagulating cells. Strong bases sodium hydroxide liquefy cells Bleach Concrete mix Drain or toilet bowl cleaners and Metal cleaners are the commonest cause of chemical burn.
Symptoms of chemical Burn
- Redness, irritation, or burning at the site of contact,
- Pain or numbness at the site of contact,
- Formation of blisters or black dead skin at the contact site,
- Vision changes if the chemical gets into the eyes, cough or shortness of breath,
- Vomiting are commonest and earliest sign that a person suffers after burn.