First Aid and CPR Training for Asthama
First aid for Asthma in Delhi
Asthma is a chronic lung disease which narrows the air passage of the lungs resulting in less space for oxygen to store. It produces difficulty in breathing.
Symptoms of asthma
Wheezing, Cough and cold, Tightness in the chest, Sticky mucus, disturbed sleep breathlessness
Causes of Asthma
- Hereditary factors.
- Dust, mite, pollens.
- Occupational exposure to irritants.
- Dietary Changes
- Lack of exercise.
Factors for Asthma
- Colds and viruses
- Cigarette smoke, scent, pollution
- change in weather
- Cold Air
- Physical exertion.
- Allergens like dust, mite, pollen, furs.
- Some medications.
Management of Asthma
One thing that any first aider should keep in mind is that asthma cannot be cured, but it can be controlled. How ever it can be managed by following:
- Keep the house clean
- Use hardwood floors or tile instead of carpets
- Avoid pets with fur or feathers
- Use clean bed sheets & pillow covers
- Use bed made of synthetic materials
- Use air conditioner
- Maintain low humidity at home
- Divert attention
- Always make casualty in sitting position
- Use blue inhaler
- Use 4x4 techniques for inhaler 4 puffs and 4 minutes
If person is not responding check vitals sign pulse breathing heart beat and if required start CPR after calling ambulance.
To get First Aid and CPR Training in Delhi India please visit Delhi First Aid and CPR Training Institute